How do I get more people to read my blog? How do I get more blog readers? How can I attract an audience?These are three ways of asking a question commonly asked around the internet. This question is so ubiquitous because all bloggers want their material read. Sure, many of us do this for ourselves, whether it be for catharsis or something else, but we all want to be read as well, otherwise we'd just maintain a private journal.
So, here is a list of 11 suggestions I recently gave to a friend who asked me this very question.
11 tips on how to get more blog readers
1) Put effort into tags. Search engines use tags to access and categorize pages.
2) Use key words in your article. For example, if you write an article entitled "Mafia 3 announced" make sure you say that a time or three in the article text as well. Make it easy for search engine robots.
3) Link your blog in your forum signatures.
4) Engage in conversation with other bloggers on their blogs and they and their readers, if interested, can click your name and check out your blogs.
5) BE PATIENT. I have been on blogspot for months, and only get between 20-40 visits a day.
6) Stick to a few subjects. Gives your blog an identity and is more memorable for readers.
7) Write well, and write about things you care about. A lack of care will be evident to the reader.
8) Post at least once a week. An unactive blogger won't get much attention.
10) Try to make your blog somewhat aesthetically pleasing.
11) Worry more about your content and less about your readership. If you build it, they will come.