Saturday, August 21, 2010

So I'm Getting Better.....Only I'm Not......

Crohn's Disease sucks.


Ulcerative Colitis sucks.


Having both really fucking sucks!

I recently got back the results from a recent colonoscopy. The findings were positive. My fistula is actually healing (finally) and the large chunks of the diseased portions of my bowels/colon are clearing up. Although I do have a new fissure, which is taking over duties for the fistula in terms of pain. Yay! Despite that particular setback, however, things are looking up, right? The Remicade Infusions seem to be doing their thing (after doubling the dose, putting me at damn near the highest dose they can give, to the tune of $7600 or so per infusion!!!!!!!!!) (no way I'd be able to afford that!)

Well, why the hell have I had five bathroom trips in the last 6 hours?

WHY WHY WHY.?

I don't understand. Do I need to go for the bowel resection after all? Do I need to go to a 4 week infusion schedule as opposed to the 8? Can they even do that? Do I WANT to do that? That's double the exposure to the drug. Do we bring the azathioprine dose back up? Can we even do that? Is it safe? The long term effects are questionable. Would that even do the trick? Is it even an antibody issue?

Questions Questions Questions, but no answers.

I need this to go AWAY. I've had about enough now.

It's fucking up my life :(

10 comments:

  1. Well I don't really understand your specific conditions but I have tinnitus which is a inherent ringing in the ear so I can relate to having a 'permanent' condition which interferes with your life.

    You shouldn't let it interfere with your life. It's best if you just adapt to it and if you get it sorted for good then brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, why do you keep deleting your blogs? I was going to read your latest entry last night, but my efforts were met with a big fat DENIED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I become dissatisfied with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a unique guy.

    By unique I mean crazy.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn I wish the doctors in real life were like the ones on television, specifically House. It might take a while and you would have to deal with a likeable asshole in House (I think I'd like him so maybe not a negative), but you would get better. Hopefully the ups are outwaying the downs ay this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depends on the week.

    Btw, House would misdiagnose me, almost kill me, solve the riddle, then just tell me to suck it up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Correction. House would let his team almost kill you for his own amusement. Then solve the riddle while making fun of you all the while telling you to suck it up. That's why I like him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, okay. I haven't seen much of the show, so I got it wrong. That lesbian doctor with AIDS is sexy as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I have some good news for you. Thirteeen is doesn't have AIDS nor is she a lesbian. She has Huntington's disease and is bisexual. Now you can fantasize with out those thought's in the back of your mind. Unless you liked the thought of a challenge and the thrill of risking your life in which case I apologize for ruining it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee, thanks asshole!

    A bisexual girl with Huntington's isn't much of a thrill. A lesbian with AIDS, however...WOW!

    Thanks for ruining that one!

    *grumbles*

    ReplyDelete

Tell magx01 and the rest of The Thoughtful Gamers what's on your mind!